We know a company that literally makes their salespeople wear a dunce cap if they screw up. I suppose that's one way to shame someone if they make a rookie mistake. You may not ever have to wear a dunce cap, but embarrassing yourself in front of a client is bad enough. Save yourself from blowing a deal and don't make the following rookie mistakes.
1. Not telling your manager about potential deal busting information
2. Mispronouncing a prospect's name
3. Re-asking a question the prospect has already previously answered
4. Sending the wrong contract with different deal numbers
5. Sending a stock email without updating the "Hi Name," name
6. Sending a meeting invite with the recipient's wrong time-zone
7. Replying-all when you didn't mean to
8. Forgetting you had an in-person meeting and subsequently being underdressed
9. "Guaranteeing" a deal will close only to have it blow up
10. Having your chat window pop up during a demo
Avoid these mistakes.
What are some other mistakes rookies make all too often? Let us know below.